D110 problem: front springs rubbing chassis (frame) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:37 PM
Santiago Gigola
D110 problem: front springs rubbing chassis (frame)

Has anyone experienced this issue?
My current set up is: 3.3cms home made lift (spacers below the front springs). Koni Raid shocks and Britpart (sorry) springs with a 200lbs/inch rate and 40cms tall (+/- 15.7 inches).
The stupid passenger side spring rubs horribly against the frame when I get close to full articulation. The sounds it produces is awfull and it even restricts axle articulation.

The springs have a 16mm wire instead of the 15mm wire that came originally with the Defender. The overall configuration of the front axle seems just perfect, it seems I cannot blame anything else but the springs.

The main question in my mind right now is: is the rubbing just related to the poor build quality of material of the Britpart springs or is there any other problem here.
I imagine many of you guys in the States use OME springs and most use an least 16mm thick wire. Has any of you experienced this problem? Any advice on this? Go to better quality springs (like OME?) of just smaller diameter wire?
Thanks for your help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions