D110 no start,need quick help - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

D110 no start,need quick help

Friend broke his coil wire the other day and replaced it tonight with no start, here is his email excerpt;

" I told you I broke my coil wire, well KB grabbed me a new wire set at AB and I put just the new coil wire on and it won't start. I pulled the wire and it is not getting any spark. I tried another plug wire just to see and nothing. I checked the power at the coil and I have 12v on both side and when I checked continuity the circuit between is always complete. I don't know enough about the distributors in this thing, but it doesn't look like points. Is the circuit staying closed and not building up a charge in the coil? And why would this happen it can't be connected to the wire, is it just a weird coincidence?"

I noticed that it looked like the condensor was not hooked up when we were bleeding the clutch the o ther day, maybe he cooked the points because of this? We need to get this thing to the Rally this weekend, please give some help.
Advertisement

Old September 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Check the wiring connections at the coil (not the coil wire itself but the smaller wires that run the coil and send signal to the ECU)
They get cruddy and if they got bumped, or disconnected doing other work it will kill the spark.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:26 PM
lynchee
Dennis Lynch
94 D90 #699

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Check the wiring connections at the coil (not the coil wire itself but the smaller wires that run the coil and send signal to the ECU)
They get cruddy and if they got bumped, or disconnected doing other work it will kill the spark.
X2. That happened to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 11th, 2008, 07:51 AM
bcourtney
Robert Courtney
1973 Series III 200TDI

I found it, one of the wires had pulled out of the connector at the distributor.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, d110, start