D110 new style rear door part numbers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 25th, 2006, 09:03 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Cool D110 new style rear door part numbers

Does anyone have the item numbers for the newest style D110 SW rear door? I am looking for one and all the big US guys don't have them even RDS is out. Thanks for any help you can give.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I would like to know what the differences are on the new style door. I haven't seen them listed out, just referred to as better.
Old October 25th, 2006, 10:13 AM
dbwitt
Darrin Witt
1995 Defender 90

New Style Rear Door

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I ordered a new rear door from the UK. Are you looking for the all steel door?It is nice. The tire carrier is like the one on the Disco. I ordered it from Rimmer Bros. I think I have all the part numbers. I even tried ordering from the LR Dealership. They said they could not order a 2003 door or newer because of DOT. Let me know if I can help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2006, 11:18 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Thats the one I didn't know it was all steel (I see it being galvanized before installation). If you have the numbers that would be great.

Cheers
Eric
Old October 25th, 2006, 12:36 PM
dbwitt
Darrin Witt
1995 Defender 90

SW Rear Door

I am at work right now. But, I have the guys email that set me up with the door and all the parts I needed. He may be able to email you the part numbers. Also I got the part numbers from the LR Dealership as well. They just told me they could not order them. So if you know your local parts guy at the Dealership he also may be able to hook you up. I will check at home to see if I still have the paper work. I just ordered a bunch of parts from England and had them shipped to Charleston, SC. It was pretty simple.

Email Chris in the UK @ Rimmer Bros.

Chris Wrigley

cw@rimmerbros.co.uk
Old October 25th, 2006, 01:26 PM
trislerjw
JT
97 D-90 ST

rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbwitt
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I ordered a new rear door from the UK. Are you looking for the all steel door?It is nice. The tire carrier is like the one on the Disco. I ordered it from Rimmer Bros. I think I have all the part numbers. I even tried ordering from the LR Dealership. They said they could not order a 2003 door or newer because of DOT. Let me know if I can help.
I've looked into ordering from there. How was shipping for a piece that large?
Old October 25th, 2006, 02:14 PM
dbwitt
Darrin Witt
1995 Defender 90

Rear Door

It was not that bad. But, I live on the coast and I went to the dock and picked up the parts. I ordered new doors and a rear door. Glass for the rear door as well. New plastic trim for the back door and new tire mount. I found an old email with some info. I don't remember it being to bad and I am kinda cheap. I saved up for a long time. Part prices were not to bad from Rimmer as well.

I am being told by our agent in the U.K. that the closet depot to Lincoln would be their Manchester depot. Below are their details: Cargo Marketing Bridge House, Rochdale Road Bury, Lancs BL9 7HT Tel: 0161 797 5305 fax: 0161-797-2554 Listed below you will find our rates from the above depot to Charleston cfs: Ocean:$70.00 w/m Min. $70.00 U.K. Thc: gbp 10.00 w/m min. gbp 10.00 U.K. docs: gbp 15.00
Baf: $10.00 w/m Min. $10.00
Ams fee: $55.00
Arrival charges:
Dtf: $50.00
Loading out: $2.40 per 100 lbs min. $40.00
Chassis: $2.00 w/m Min. $5.00
Cfs Sec fee: $25.00

Follow-up Post:

Forgot to add this part in regards to the shipping

Based on the size below this will be a minimum shipment, and cost to ship is approximately: $300.00 You might find that it might be more cost effective to bring over more than crate at a time if you are considering ocean freight.
Most of the above rates are based on w/m which is per 1000 kilos or per cbm, so if you have freight that weighs under 1000 kilos (2204 lbs) or measures under 1 cubic meter (35 cubic feet) any w/m rate will stay a minimum charge.
Old October 26th, 2006, 12:59 AM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Eric,

I cannot provide part numbers but I did speak to RN about this a few months back and they were able to identify the parts and said they could be ordered and shipped in a few weeks.
Matt

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, d110, door, part, rear door