D110 hardtop Removal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 15th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Tesla1Defender
Chris
97 D90 NAS SW

D110 hardtop Removal

Newbie question as I am just starting to research D90 and maybe even D110.
My understanding is Hardtop on D110 CANNOT be removed. Is this correct?
Could a hardtop be replaced with Fiberglass top?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2015, 09:24 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Well, it -can- be removed on a 110, but it's not what you would call a convertible.

The answer really depends on what you're looking at. Just NAS trucks? Import? ex-MOD?

Lots of configurations demand lots of googling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old May 15th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Tesla1Defender
Chris
97 D90 NAS SW

Love to have an "open top" option like D90. Again, new at researching so don't know too much about D110.
IF had choice would be 97 D90 NAS.
Second would have to me import, not ex-MOD though.

If hard top removed, doors would stay on but rear portion open-air and possilbly putting bikini cover on...IF THIS IS EVEN possible or Fiberglass top that is "easier" to remove. hope that makes sense
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2015, 11:46 AM
michael67
Michael White
110 Tdi

I've got a 110 ROW three door. The top isn't too bad to remove, not much worse than a Scrambler. If it's never been removed, you may have to re-route some wires that previous owners ran through the hard top, and clean up/replace bits of this and that. You can did it alone with a hoist, otherwise you'll need some help. Not something I'd do to run around for the weekend, but pulling it off during the summer down here in Texas makes sense.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, d110, hardtop, top