Defender Source Forum banner

D-90 ST conversion to 110 double cab

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  evilfij 
#1 ·
I am looking for a parts list if I want to do this. Lets assume that all the parts on my defender can be used (except the doors of course...

Does anyone have a list of the parts needed to do this conversion?

thanks

#2 ·
Don't think there's necessarily a "parts list" in terms of an itemized rundown of part numbers. Most conversions are done empirically. I'm sure you've already thought of the major stuff like doors, t pieces, coachroof, tub, chassis and so on. The gotchas will come from stretching the wheelbase; the stuff that runs underneath the body. Wiring, fuel and brake lines of course, prop shaft, springs, shocks, etc.
I think also there are differences in the transfer case. I'm sure others will chime in with more details.

Why stop at making a double cab? I cannot understand why you wouldn't just make it a wagon or more practically a Regular (that's what i would do). The wee little half bed of a DC is about useless.

#4 ·
I attempted to come up with a decent enough list to do a 110 conversion on a NAS D90. Most stuff is pretty easy (if you can call it that) because a D90 is the same as a D110 seatbox forward. You need the one brake line to the back, the fuel lines, fuel tank, rear axle assembly with springs (or fit 110 springs to your existing axle), rear driveshaft, rear wiring harness in the chassis, body, rear exhaust, frame. If you buy in assemblies (ie a take off rear body) the list is not too crazy. People have done a conversion in two weeks. www.travelswithrover.com

It is by orders of magnitude easier than restoring or worse yet building from scratch a 110.

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.