D-90 Newbie - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 9th, 2009, 12:44 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

POEs are the least expensive NAS you can get even though the hardtop was a 3k option when new. If you get one, I would want to get an ST cage. I bought one because it was a good and then took off the top a few days later and then spent several months rounding up a cage.

I like the NAS trucks better than grey market, mainly because most of the grey market trucks are RHD or illegal or both.

Right now I am on the look out for a high miles, no rust 94/95 ST or one of the hella edition 1994s (top dollar paid for lazer red or java green!!!!!!!), but I have other rovers to keep me entertained while I wait for the right deal. My logic is that for me mechanicals are cheap and easy but rust requires a major tear down which i don't want to do so 200k or a blown motor is a weekend of my time and $1000 in parts (I have a 4.6 block). A rusty frame or bulkhead is a major project I would never finish.

Ron
Advertisement

Old February 9th, 2009, 11:36 AM
clthonraltam
Matt Murphy
None

Ah, good point. I guess the rust issue never was a big deal to me. But now that you mentioned it, the time and expense fixing the rust issues will be a lot more then replacing an engine. Does anyone have a SW they convert to a ST in the summer and back to SW during winter? Or is it too much of a pain in the ass?
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

"Does anyone have a SW they convert to a ST in the summer and back to SW during winter? Or is it too much of a pain in the ass?"

Too much of a PITA with a SW but you could do it fairly easily with a POE (or a ST that you fit a fiberglass or alum ROW hardtop to).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d-90