D-110 Roll Cage Again... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 21st, 2005, 08:27 PM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

D-110 Roll Cage Again...

A few weeks ago I started a thread to inquire about a Safety Devices roll cage for a 110. THere was some discussion about SD's quality, availability and price which led to a discussion about fabricating a custom roll cage set up like the SD 110 version.

Well, I'm having no luck finding a fabricator that's willing to take on the job. The few that I've talked to need schematics to even think about it. There aren't any other 110's in my neck of the woods that I'm aware of for the fab guys to look at, so I'm kind of at a stand still. Photos, no matter how detailed, aren't doiong any good. Any idea where I can get this fabbed? There are some race car shops down here but they are pricey...

Or where I can get schematics with measurements for the SD cage? Does anyone know who reps SD here in the states now? Do tell...I want to get this project going. Thanks, guys.
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I just wrote to Safety Devices today to see what the latest status is - hopefully I'll get a reply soon - if so I'll post here.

There are 2 styles of 110 cage - the Euro and the NAS - both are equivalent for my purposes. I'd be happy to get either.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 12:23 AM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

If you think A local fab shop is pricy $D is whyyy $$. Ask me I know! Wait for one to burn or is scrapped. Perhaps try ECR & see what they say. RN had one a few months ago but I think they sold it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 22nd, 2005, 04:03 AM
DEF110
Vern Lawrence
1983/ 110

SD in the UK went out off business.

Look at this site they make a good cage. http://www.evansuk.ltd.uk/

If you want one of these I can get it sent to you. Not sure of the price. I would have to contact them as they do not have prices on the web site.

As far as shipping I may have to send it in two or three shipments as the US Post Office has a max weight of 70lbs.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 06:04 AM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Safety Devices is distributed here by Stable Energies (http://www.stable-energies.com/) in Garfield, NJ. It is about 3 miles from my house. Their phone is (973)773-3177. Now that I thought about it, I've been wanting to swing by for awhile now but never really had a reason to. Maybe I will since I'm off Thursday and Friday. I'll let you know what I find there. From the looks of their website, they have mostly Porsche racing roll cages. I'll keep you guys posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 02:48 PM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

Thanks guys. Keep the comments coming. I look forward to what you have to say Glenn. Also, Vern, thanks for your reply. I'll contact Evans this week. If you're ever in MacDill AFB, look me up...it's literally right down the street from us!
Old November 22nd, 2005, 02:52 PM
Roadsiderob
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor

You might try Rockware in Co Spgs to have one fabricated. I have a D90 in the shop right now that was just purchased in CO. It has been wrecked and repaired and the front section of the cage has been fabricated. It looks good and i suspect that it may be their handiwork.
Rob
Old November 22nd, 2005, 08:55 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Tell me where in Florida you are and I can see if I can find you a fab shop. SD is not worth the money or time.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
Jimbo
James Falchetto

Out of curiosity, how many on this board would be interested in one? I am getting around 4 made for my cars, so if any interest I will check with my resident welder/engineer how to make them so they can be shipped easily - ground.
Cheers
JF
Old November 23rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

Mine is a priority. I want one ASAP.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 04:36 PM
D90user
steve
109/110 ambulance-55 series I

Hey tom,

Just cought up with this thread. Spidertrax of CO would probably be able to help... but you would need to ship it back and that would be $$
Thay made my exo and did a great job.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 05:39 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverboy
Mine is a priority. I want one ASAP.
Post up your location in Florida and I can probably help you!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old November 24th, 2005, 08:41 PM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

Tampa Bay area...sorry,David. Holidays and all...I didn't get the post. Thanks...I'm curious to what you can find out.
Old November 27th, 2005, 01:05 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Check out http://www.evansuk.ltd.uk/ - they have a number of things that look very comparable to SD products.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, cage, d-110