CV Unlimited cv's - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 4th, 2005, 02:30 AM
m.olivares
marc olivares

CV Unlimited cv's

any of you guys running the CV Unlimited front end stuff?

any breaks?
any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Not exactly too relevant, but I was at CC this year with Larry and his RR. He has the toy conversion with the stock housings front and rear. 37in tires and he tried every obstical. He was the only one with no breakage. I would recommend that route over the polish the turd route.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old March 4th, 2005, 04:58 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Not exactly too relevant, but I was at CC this year with Larry and his RR. He has the toy conversion with the stock housings front and rear. 37in tires and he tried every obstical. He was the only one with no breakage. I would recommend that route over the polish the turd route.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Dave. The cost of the toy conversion is cheaper and stronger to any HD rover stuff minus the Salisbury off course.
if you don't want the toy diffs then you can ask keith at Rover Tracks to sell you some super CV's and shafts to work with your rover diff.
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Dave. The cost of the toy conversion is cheaper and stronger to any HD rover stuff minus the Salisbury off course.
if you don't want the toy diffs then you can ask keith at Rover Tracks to sell you some super CV's and shafts to work with your rover diff.
Only a matter of time

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:33 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

contact Jim Cirbus, he is running a set.
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:11 PM
m.olivares
marc olivares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s

though i appreciate your enthusiasum for the Toy conversion, w/ 33" tires i think for me it would be a bit of overkill. as for "polishing a turd" well, there i couldn't agree w/ you more. but at this point i'm looking for a simple CV/shaft swap that is stronger slightly stronger than stock...

thanks Tis, i'll sent Cirbus an email...
Old March 6th, 2005, 06:29 PM
scoloco
Scott
'94 D90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
The cost of the toy conversion is cheaper and stronger to any HD rover stuff minus the Salisbury off course.
Are talking axles diffs or rover cage vs. toy birfs on front?
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:15 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I'm talking about Diffs and CV's!
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:25 PM
scoloco
Scott
'94 D90 ST

I thought rover cvs were much stronger than toy birfs?
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:43 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Well, Keith sells Bobby long CV's (which he calls them super CV's" and they are much stronger than my HD 110 CV's.

I honestly cannot tell you which stock CV is stronger but I would guess toy since my girlfriend broke a stock CV with a whimpy 255/85 on snow :rolleye

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions