cup holder s***s ! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 11th, 2003, 07:06 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

cup holder s***s !

Has anyone improved on the cup holders on a '97 D90? I just experienced a tipover (of a drink that is), fortunately on the passenger side.

The existing holes are minimally effective, certainly very little with those large cups. It almost seems that there's something missing from mine.

There should be one that you can screw down or glue in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old November 11th, 2003, 07:33 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
maybe you could get some info back on the Pirate 4x4 BB
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Wait, give it time, I know someone is going to respond and then Arthur is going to jump and scream psych!
Actually after reading my own post it comes across mean. I gotta take more time to write, I still think he is playing a trick, with the tip joke.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:20 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Well, yes, "psych" would be appropriate. There's nothing like spilling Coke all over the footwell and door panel. Except having to wolf down a Big Mac, cheeseburger and fries without a drink!
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Here you go!
Attached Images

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old November 12th, 2003, 10:29 AM
ronward
Redsrover
None - sadly

I hesitate to post this since cupholder discussions can get a man killed on some BBS's.

Check out http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....2530&SKU=77830

You can fasten it to the dash, the door top, just about anyplace for a cup holder. I've never had a problem with the stock cupholders though. They seem to hold a large McDonalds drink just fine. They hold a 20oz plastic bottle great as well. But mine are currently full of drill bits, nuts and bolts, a fuse or two, and some change.
Old November 12th, 2003, 12:09 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Ron,

I had no idea that this issue was so...volatile. Surely I cannot be the only one whose drink has taken its own course and made a mess. It's the smaller cups that are generally a bit loose.

What I want is something that will fit into the existing hole but provide better latteral support. I'll probably end up glueing a couple of rubber cutouts left and right, about 1-2" higher than stock.
Old November 12th, 2003, 12:58 PM
milli
Michael D. Milliken
9590SW

Adam Way in ownerbios defenderfriends had a link to a cool cupholder on his website.
I love how a bottle of water fits right in the dashboard. That leaves the beer-holders open for business. Unbelievable.
Old November 12th, 2003, 01:02 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
David, thats a kick ass cup holder ..... Why not just buy one of those hats that holds a 6 pack with a straw..
Old November 12th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I have one of those for 4-wheeling only

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions