Defender Source Forum banner

cup holder s***s !

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Buckon37s 
#1 ·
Has anyone improved on the cup holders on a '97 D90? I just experienced a tipover (of a drink that is), fortunately on the passenger side.

The existing holes are minimally effective, certainly very little with those large cups. It almost seems that there's something missing from mine.

There should be one that you can screw down or glue in place.

#2 · (Edited)
:grin

#4 · (Edited)
Wait, give it time, I know someone is going to respond and then Arthur is going to jump and scream psych!
Actually after reading my own post it comes across mean. I gotta take more time to write, I still think he is playing a trick, with the tip joke.

#6 ·
Here you go!

Attachments

#7 ·
I hesitate to post this since cupholder discussions can get a man killed on some BBS's.

Check out www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_2500&L2=L2_2530&SKU=77830

You can fasten it to the dash, the door top, just about anyplace for a cup holder. I've never had a problem with the stock cupholders though. They seem to hold a large McDonalds drink just fine. They hold a 20oz plastic bottle great as well. But mine are currently full of drill bits, nuts and bolts, a fuse or two, and some change.

#8 ·
Ron,

I had no idea that this issue was so...volatile. Surely I cannot be the only one whose drink has taken its own course and made a mess. It's the smaller cups that are generally a bit loose.

What I want is something that will fit into the existing hole but provide better latteral support. I'll probably end up glueing a couple of rubber cutouts left and right, about 1-2" higher than stock.

#11 ·
I have one of those for 4-wheeling only:grin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.