Cubby installation - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 18th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI
Cubby installation

I have one of the Safari Equip cubby boxes to install, however there is no obvious way to bolt it up. I noticed in some photos on the ECR site that there are rails between the two seats that look like they're there to attach a cubby. My 110 was a 12-seat so did not have these and however much I search in the parts catalog I do not seem to be able to locate them.

Any ideas would be useful, the last few pics at the link in my sig show what I have.

-- - Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly - Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts! - Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Old March 18th, 2010, 11:48 PM
barry f
94 ST #395
Can you show a pic of the box and where you want it?

Originally Posted by DefenderPilot View Post
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:43 AM
109/110 ambulance-55 series I
I looked on your site and didn't see an example. Nice truck/build though.

I think what you're getting at is the oddness of the rail towards the rear of the cubby box. You need to build a little spacer that lifts it up over that rail to fit it. At least that it the way it is with tuffy boxes. You will need a smaller spacer in front to clear the front rail also, but that depends on how long your box is.

Helping at all? didn't think so but I will try to dig up a picture.

Basically lift it up a bit to clear the rails.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions