Crystal headlights - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 12th, 2013, 09:29 PM
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black
Crystal headlights

Anyone have any experience with crystal reflector headlights? I like the look. I would love to use something that actually looks like my 2 hella 4000 angel eyes. Or even regular without the halo effect. Just something thats not garbage. Any ideas?
Thanks mates!

This is where I'm supposed to write something witty and funny; or something.
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Paul Woodsford
2010 90 XS

Been lurking here for a while. I'm from South Wales, in the United Kingdom. I have a 2010 Defender 2.4 Tdci ( Puma ). I' fitted the Crystal headlight units with Nightbreaker H7 bulbs. A significant improvement over the standard Land Rover offering. However I used the versions with built in sidelights, which use H2 bulbs, and wired them up as DRL lights. DRL lights, the latest European safety gizmo, are lights that come on with the ignition, BUT go off with the sidelights. The idea is they show that the vehicle is " active " during daylight hours. However, I digress. The Crystal were easy to fit but would suggest fitting the stainless steel bezel surrounds while at it. The light seems brighter, further and the cut-off more defined. Many of us this side of the pond carry out this simple mod, or those with money to burn fit LED headlights by J W Speaker at over a 1000/pair.👍👍

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:04 AM
96 Defender 110 VGTdi SW County
If I where in the States I would buy these...

96 Defender 110 VGTdi SW County
97 Defender 110 Tdi SW
04 Freelander Td4 5 dr.
97 Alfa Romeo 146 TD (Sold)
95 Volvo 850 GLT Estate
94 Discovery Tdi (Webasto equipped)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ht, lights