crooked roll down / wind down windows - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 23rd, 2011, 03:57 PM
crooked roll down / wind down windows

Among the list of things that need fixing are the windows on my station wagon doors.

They are wind down / roll down windows. The driver's side seems to be operating fairly well, but the passenger side window will become crooked when lowered. Raising the window when crooked requires some time.

By crooked, I mean that the "front side" of the window glass will lower before the "rear side". If I lower it all the way, the glass would probably fall into the door.

After looking at the mechanism, it looks as though something might be wrong with the alignment of the window tracks, but I'm not entirely sure.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
could of had these dirt cheap

call safari rover and get a set cheap, talked to them last week and they had the parts in stock.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:29 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"
The original doors are better. This requires some work on the vertical window channels. They can come loose from corrosion and vibration. I just re-fastened mine, and replaced one of the regulators, RDS has them for a good price.

1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

window, windows