Corbeau seat mounting advice - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 26th, 2012, 03:12 AM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

Corbeau seat mounting advice

So I just purchased a new set of leather A4 seats from someone that bought them for their car but never used. The question I have after reading some older posts is what is the best way to mount these? It seems that in the past there was quite a bit of confusion at Corbeau when it comes to the mounts. Has anyone here built mounts that could give me some pointers. Is there something they have now that works? The posts I found were quite old. They have a couple of options on their site but I am not sure which are the right ones. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2012, 08:17 AM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Good morning, Jason-

I've put Corbeaus in both of my Rovers (one as recently as late January), and the recommendations posted here back in 07/08 here still apply. Order two of the D1085T (passenger/right side) mounts.

I bought mine from Four Wheel Parts, and as quickly as I received them, they must of had them in stock. They retail for about $95 a piece, but as it's 4WP, they often offer random discounts, give great deals to military, etc. Just ask. You'll need to call and place the order by phone, as I'm not sure the brackets ever show up online, but they do sell them.

These brackets are so well designed and made for the price that there really isn't any reason to fab up something from scratch.

Good luck!
Murph
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
D90s sold while assigned overseas. You're welcome America!
'06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
'8X FankenRover D100
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:14 AM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

Thank you, that's what I was looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM
wantone
Rick Thompson
94 ST #1222

Registry
jason,

i put the a4's in last summer and ordered direct from corbeau. the brackets did change a bit so there really isn't a L or R. the brackets do make the seat sit up a bit, like 1.5 or 2''. what i did was to cut off the mounting feet on the bracket and weld in new mounting feet that are straight and run flat with the bracket. when you get your brackets you will see what i am talking about. gives a good ride hieght ( i am 5' 9'') and they are so comfy, i love them.

i also used a few 1/4" spacers to adjust the tilt, when i got it right, i tack welded them together. i bought new bolts from lowes and welded on wing nuts so i can "easily" take out the seat to get to the battery etc.
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
UtahD90
Adam Harward
1995 Defender 90 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantone View Post
jason,

i put the a4's in last summer and ordered direct from corbeau. the brackets did change a bit so there really isn't a L or R. the brackets do make the seat sit up a bit, like 1.5 or 2''. what i did was to cut off the mounting feet on the bracket and weld in new mounting feet that are straight and run flat with the bracket. when you get your brackets you will see what i am talking about. gives a good ride hieght ( i am 5' 9'') and they are so comfy, i love them.

i also used a few 1/4" spacers to adjust the tilt, when i got it right, i tack welded them together. i bought new bolts from lowes and welded on wing nuts so i can "easily" take out the seat to get to the battery etc.
What model A4's did you get? Looking at them I wasn't sure if it was a certain model number that worked.
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:12 PM
wantone
Rick Thompson
94 ST #1222

Registry
all the a4's are the same seat, just different options on cover colors and type. when you order you order the seats, then the brackets separate for you specific model of vehicle. i got the simple black cloth. i will post a few pics tomorrow.
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:13 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Just watch your nut sack getting in and out over the side bolster! I had the A4's in for a while and switched over to the moabs with neoprene because I kept nutting myself.
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:20 PM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

seats

These. They are pretty damn comfortable. The covers come off pretty easily so I am going to have some heaters put in before I get them in the truck

Click image for larger version

Name:	seats.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	49526
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:21 PM
wantone
Rick Thompson
94 ST #1222

Registry
i can imagine it being a bit tight with a factory steering wheel. i have a momo wheel that is smaller diameter and lowered the seats as far as i can and have plenty of room. but nutting oneself on a regular basis would be quite the toss up between the short term pain and comfy seating position!
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:37 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Ya I had the factory wheel and it was a squeeze. Totally great seating while you are in it, but I never wanted to get out!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
mount