cooling system - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 21st, 2004, 10:07 AM
1995 SW #487/500
cooling system

Lots of talk about general/preventative maintaince etc. etc. I havent found much talk on the cooling system, I think it is one of the most overlooked areas in most vehicles. WHat do you folks generally do to keep your cooling systems up to PAR. I am not sure if anything has ever been done to mine other than what the dealer has done in the past based on the service history etc. Do you folks flush it annually. Who all is using redlines water wetter I have read good things about it?

Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Old October 21st, 2004, 01:02 PM
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110
I flush mine anually and when doing that clean out the rad fins with water or compressed air, check hoses and the thermostat. Its amazing how much bug and dirt get between the fins of the rad. Mines a diesel so I just use diesel specific anti freeze.
Bike Mike

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions