Coolant temp sender problem 89 rrc. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
1962siia88
Daniel Rogers
1962siia88

Registry
Coolant temp sender problem 89 rrc.

Hey folks.

Working on my 89 rrc and keep having issue with the temp gauge reading hotter than it should. IR thermometer is reading 194f at the intake manifold at the hottest place with the new thermostat open. Gauge reads just below red zone. I've replaced everything in the entire system at this point. I put a small amount of sealant goop on the threads of the new coolant temp sender for the gauge and decided that might be my problem. So I pulled the sender out to clean all the goop off it and the threads and noticed the male electrical terminal at the end of the brass sender is loose and spins inside the housing. Is that normal or is his another crap aftermarket part? Thanks.

Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

If it spins most likely it is bad. Might be an internal break, but if is not can you solder it back? I did that with a new gauge that was damaged in shipping.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
1962siia88
Daniel Rogers
1962siia88

Registry
Well I'm goin with this is another lousy part from China. Luckily I have a local parts guy in Bekeley who had the part on the shelf (prc7918) made in Spain. It's solid doesn't spin or wiggle like a loose tooth. Should have ordered from him the first time.

Hopefully his will end the cooling system saga on this rig.

Daniel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
coolant