converting NAS '93 D110 or '07 D110 cosmetic specs - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 5th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Smile converting NAS '93 D110 or '07 D110 cosmetic specs

Hello. I just joined this forum and amazed to find this page of dedicated Defender enthusiasts. D-90 is going to be a great resource for my future D110 purchase. As you can tell from my screen name, I am a current '88 Range Rover Classic owner and from Irvine, California. I am looking into a project D110 and love the look of the newer D110's that are out in Europe. I have a few questions for you Defender experts:

1)Can you convert the exterior cosmetically of a '83 110 to a NAS '93 110. What I mean is are all the door panels,bumpers, and interchangeable? Of course you would need the roof rack, step ladder and brush bar but what else is different? How simple or how complex is this conversion?

2)Can you convert the exterior cosmetically of a 80's/90's D110 and make it look like the newer 2007 D110 models. From pictures, I can see the hood is more pronounced and has the LAND ROVER lettering from the LR3/LR2. It looks like you can change the grill,turn signal lights and the plate around the headlight area to what I think is a silver painted plastic or aluminum. I'm not too sure of the window surrounds/sills or read door but if this conversion is possible, I'm sure it's going alot of $$$ to ship over from UK but has anyone done this or does anyone have any pics? Seeing a newer D110 in the states would def be an eyecatcher out here in CA.

3)As far as the interior goes, it looks like the defender from the 80's, 90's , 2000's have vastly different interior parts,displays,seats,electrical, etc. Just like changing RHD to LHD, gutting the interior and doing it properly will cost $$$$$.

Any INFO is much appreciated. CHEERS!!!

Old March 5th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
The short answer is yes.

The longer answer is that a simple exterior cosmetic change would be pretty easy. Swap out your hood, change out some lights, trim etc and you'd be there. If you wanted to upgrade to an 07 spec dash and rear seats, then you start to discover many more differences in the interior panels that aren't obvious at first glance.

Just start doing it and see where it takes you.

Old March 5th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43
If you haven't stumbled on their site yet, check out East Coast Rovers.

There is hours worth of pictures and info on Defender conversions and adaptations of all kinds.
"I have taken more good from alcohol than alcohol has taken from me." - Winston Churchill

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

110, d110, nas