Compressed Air Tank Fitting Help - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 11th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Compressed Air Tank Fitting Help

I took my CO2 tank in to be filled and now I am missing the small brass "restrictor" that threads in to the tank before the regulator threads on. Does anyone know what this part is called or where to get it? I've tried The Source (where my tank is from) and Powertank spare parts pages with no luck.

Is this fitting even necessary?

Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 11th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ok, just called Powertank. That brass fitting is actually a seal (it has an O ring on it), and is the old way of sealing the regulator to the tank. It's not required, nor is it a "restrictor." If the regulator itself has an internal O ring, then this brass fitting is not needed.

The best part of this is old age. I took the fitting out and put it in a safe place so I wouldn't lose it. Now I can't remember where I put it - that was only 2 weeks ago!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old December 11th, 2015, 04:04 PM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
Dig you man, my wife put my 110 serial number (stamped plate) in a "safe place". Found it a couple of month after the inspection... Bought a new personalized plate for that occasion as no vehicle can pass the inspection without it! 50£

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions