Compact 12V Breaker Panel? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 20th, 2009, 01:00 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Compact 12V Breaker Panel?

Has anyone found a good modular compact 12v breaker panel that they're happy with? I'll be doing my harness from scratch or at least modifying the stock one with all new connectors and it would be a lot more convenient to just be able to flip breakers on and off instead of worrying about switches, fuses, etc for some accessories etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2009, 03:50 PM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
Panel

I'm installing the Painless 70207. See the thread below this one.
Old February 20th, 2009, 04:08 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Ah, ok I didn't realize that's what it referred to, I'll take a look thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2009, 02:27 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

OK, gave the Painless catalog a good read and some of their installation manuals and they look like a good option, but they fit fuse boxes not breaker panels so I guess you mis-read the original post.

What I was hoping for is one where if a breaker pops you can just flip it back after finding the fault.

Old February 21st, 2009, 07:14 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I don't know much (anything) about automotive breaker panels, but I do know that some people who race set their cars up with stuff from Paneltronics.

Old February 21st, 2009, 10:37 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Ah good, that's the kind of thing I was thinking of. Not sure if I'll go that route vs Painless, at least for the main harness but I also need to do an AC distribution and some of the other things they have for things like ship/shore cut-over etc look interesting. My plan is to be able to plug into any AC socket to run the on-board accessories when one is available or any external DC source, generator, turbine, panel etc... mostly for stopping at campsites. At this point the more options the better though.

Old February 21st, 2009, 04:57 PM
Gren_T
Gren Thomas
1985 90 300tdi auto

Hi Andrew I recently built a loom for a mate's racer he also wanted to use breakers, I used the standard 90 fuse panel and fitted type 1610 plug in breakers from demon tweeks. I'm sure you can find something locally.

hope this helps:
http://www.demon-tweeks.com/products...ode=ETA161010A

regards

Gren
Old February 21st, 2009, 05:08 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Those are great!

Old February 21st, 2009, 06:09 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Now that looks like the solution I need! Thanks! The 1170's look nice too, but so far 25A max, I'm sure there are some higher amperage ones out there too (though not in mini of course) for the other items like say starter and winch.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac