Comments / Interest in Machined AL Vents - Page 9 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 18th, 2008, 07:03 AM
stnmikita
Brian
1995 Defender SW

I'm in for one of these in clear. I've got a driver's side snorkel so I just need one for the passenger side. If they can only be done in pairs, I'll take a pair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2008, 09:52 AM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews
'94 NAS D90 #CDN-80, 2011 LR4

Any more left?

I'd like a set in black!

how do I get in touch with you?
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:13 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Hey Buck,
I was wondering if there was any chance you could make a side vent for a 200tdi? One off, or maybe a run would be possible, there seems to be a lot of new 200s on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2008, 10:59 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

I would also be interested in side vents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Old December 31st, 2008, 11:57 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaco1
Hey Buck,
I was wondering if there was any chance you could make a side vent for a 200tdi? One off, or maybe a run would be possible, there seems to be a lot of new 200s on here.
I can when I do the other run but just one would be crazy expensive. I can probably run 10 and get it down to the <$200 range. Do you have an extra one that you can send me?

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:09 PM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews

Question Any more top vents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
I can when I do the other run but just one would be crazy expensive. I can probably run 10 and get it down to the <$200 range. Do you have an extra one that you can send me?
Do you have any spare sets in black for the top? If so, I'd like to pick up a set from you...

If not, are you planning another run of them?

Thanks!

Don

Follow-up Post:

I know it's a really late reply, but earlier on in the thread, there were some people concerned about painting them black... I think an etching primer would allow any black paint to adhere properly. I etch-primed my galvanized chassis then had it POR-15'd in black. It looks like it's been powder-coated, but I did it with a brush by hand.

Only problem is that the primer/POR-15 combo is a very expensive combination... maybe not so much on just small parts, but a quart of POR-15 was 55$ and the primer was 42$.
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonFromWhitby
Do you have any spare sets in black for the top? If so, I'd like to pick up a set from you...

If not, are you planning another run of them?

Thanks!

Don

Follow-up Post:

I know it's a really late reply, but earlier on in the thread, there were some people concerned about painting them black... I think an etching primer would allow any black paint to adhere properly. I etch-primed my galvanized chassis then had it POR-15'd in black. It looks like it's been powder-coated, but I did it with a brush by hand.

Only problem is that the primer/POR-15 combo is a very expensive combination... maybe not so much on just small parts, but a quart of POR-15 was 55$ and the primer was 42$.
Hi,

Officially, in late Febuary I am making another run of 35 pairs. This time I am powder coating them as the ano did not hold up well. I still think the guys I used did not properly clean the tank. The first 35 people who want them are good to go. The price is a little more expensive with the PC and smaller run quantity but should be in the $120 range. Plus/minus maybe a little (I'm guessing but should be accurate).

I can make the side vents too, but price is heavily dependent on quantity. I don't make hardly anything on these so there is not a lot of room to move anywhere.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:38 PM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews

Count me in

Quote:
Hi,

Officially, in late Febuary I am making another run of 35 pairs. This time I am powder coating them as the ano did not hold up well. I still think the guys I used did not properly clean the tank. The first 35 people who want them are good to go. The price is a little more expensive with the PC and smaller run quantity but should be in the $120 range. Plus/minus maybe a little (I'm guessing but should be accurate).

I can make the side vents too, but price is heavily dependent on quantity. I don't make hardly anything on these so there is not a lot of room to move anywhere.
How do I get the $$ to you? Paypal?
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:51 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonFromWhitby
How do I get the $$ to you? Paypal?
my paypal is davidb@networkmusic.com but don't send anything untill I am ready with the vents. I will post up when they are finished!

Thanks!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old December 31st, 2008, 02:02 PM
tebby
Justin Tebbenkamp
95 D-90 ST

I'd like a set when they're done in feb...thanks...j
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:04 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Count me in for 5 sets.
Great solution to a common failure.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old December 31st, 2008, 07:30 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

I had an original set that were anodized black, but turned purple. I painted them with aluminum etching paint and then automotive satin black. Now a year later, they still look new!
Thanks,
Dendy
Old February 7th, 2009, 07:46 AM
BEIS
RYAN BEIS
D110 Soft Top with full rollcage

Registry
any updates on this?

Old March 7th, 2009, 09:45 PM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews

Quote:
my paypal is davidb@networkmusic.com but don't send anything untill I am ready with the vents. I will post up when they are finished!

Thanks!
Any news on these yet? I'd really like a set badly (running with no grille on one side currently, and regularly check for mice, birds, etc in the intake!)

Thanks!

Don
Old March 7th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I'm ready. The race is over! I need one week of down time and I will put them into production.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:03 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Quote:
The race is over!
How did it went ?
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
How did it went ?
I've got a small writeup on Pirate. It went really well, and really bad. I blew a battery that caused me to timout on checkpoint three. But, a lot of people have a new found respect for the mighty 300Tdi, (I passed over 20 people)!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:32 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Quote:
But, a lot of people have a new found respect for the mighty 300Tdi
Great .
Old March 20th, 2009, 07:34 PM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews

Any word on these vents yet?

Thanks!

Don
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I'm going to have them in production next week, I believe. Thanks for all the patience. I will post up new instructions on how to start buying them shortly.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac