Comments / Interest in Machined AL Vents - Page 7 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 15th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Thanks Ade!

Marc,

I need to see if I have any left. I am down to like 2-3 sets total but I have sold some that I have not shipped yet. I need to check.

Thanks, Dave

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2008, 06:17 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Question

Buck, do you still have some available, in case you don't, are you
planning to make more ?
Old January 30th, 2008, 07:33 PM
fenwaystan
Christopher Giles
1997 D-90

They look amazing. Do you have any of the black grills left? Thanks, Christopher
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2008, 12:12 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Hi all,

I have one pair left in the world! I am not planning on making more. This was a little side gig that I basically just covered my investment on. I hope everyone is still very happy with them.

Thanks, Dave

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:35 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
They are all that and several bags of chips.

Old January 31st, 2008, 06:30 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Buck, is the pair left natural or black ? if it's natural, I'm interested.
Old January 31st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Buck, is the pair left natural or black ? if it's natural, I'm interested.
Hey,

Black, and I think I just sold them.

Whose interested in an all AL pulley kit for the 300 Tdi?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
PlantDriver
Craig Reece
1973 Series/Defender 100"

Any black vents available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Everything that was ordered before 1pm is now shippedI I think I still have about 15 pairs black and 6 pairs clear. Next week I am going to put them on ebay at a higher price, so if anybody here is still interested, grab em while you can!

Thanks everybody,

Dave
Hi Buck,

Just discovered this thread - I'd love a set in black if you have any - just checked eBay couldn't find any. Send me an email to craigreece@plantdrive.com if you have any, or plan another run soon. Thanks!

Craig

Defender/Series 100" with International 2.8, PlantDrive two-tank waste vegetable oil conversion and hinged roof, built by Shane Ballensky at Rover Hybrids
Old February 3rd, 2008, 06:20 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantDriver
Hi Buck ... or plan another run soon. Thanks!

Craig
X2...
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:05 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantDriver
Hi Buck,

Just discovered this thread - I'd love a set in black if you have any - just checked eBay couldn't find any. Send me an email to craigreece@plantdrive.com if you have any, or plan another run soon. Thanks!

Craig
Sorry,

I am all out! I don't plan on doing another run. It was a good amount of work and really just for kicks. If you guys can put together a group buy of ten or more, I would consider it. I have to do a run of at least 50 pairs to get the price so low.

Thanks, Dave

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:07 PM
Retrofit
Pat
1984 110 CrewCab 200Tdi

I am in ...

I would be in for a set of aluminum finish.

Pat

Kirk Lazarus, Tropic Thunder

color="Red">CanadaOverland.com
Old September 18th, 2008, 06:50 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

So, considering doing any other trim pieces? and I'll take a set in black if you do more.

- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Old September 18th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Firefighter2904
jason
97 d-90

I got a black set of these and the quality was top notch. Very well made but the color faded bad to an ugly purple

Had to repaint them.

I would however recomend these to anyone who was looking for a replacment to the shitty plastic ones.

Jay
Old September 18th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Hi guys,

I am willing to do this again but there are some things that everybody who is interested need to keep in mind. If I do ten, I can't keep the price at $100. Lower quantities means more $$$ for a host of reasons. I won't know how much untill I can talk to my shop. This time around I insist on powder coating them, I got 2 complaints that the black anodize color faded in the sun. I was pi**ed about it because it is a sure sign the company I used didn't do a good job cleaning out the ano tank. I have a good powder coat guy, but this may raise the price a little also. I never heard from anyone that the vents were too tall. They were only .040 taller than stock. I can make them thinner, without much change at all, but I like the more robust feel and look.

Just so everyone is aware, there are drawbacks to pc as well. In fact, I felt the drawbacks were enough to go with anodizing the first ones. Last negative is, I am very busy right now so this may take a while. If you are all okay with that, rock on. I just want to be very honest up front. I will post this in the other thread as well.

Follow-up Post:

BTW: I really apologise if the black faded out badly. I just got another PM where the ano turned to crap. I did what I thought was the very best thing, I even paid extra to have them "Hard" anodized. But, it sounds like pc was a better choice. Anyone who has a black one that faded, I can get them powdercoated with this new batch. I can't do it for free, but I can do it for the bulk rate if this happens again.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
As i said in the other thread, I would love a set of these.
I hope it can happen, because they look great.
Buckon - BTW I am in no rush just hope it works out.
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:40 AM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Buck, count me in for one pair.
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Hi all,

I have one pair left in the world! I am not planning on making more. This was a little side gig that I basically just covered my investment on. I hope everyone is still very happy with them.

Thanks, Dave
Yeah man! I only used one, (due to the schnorkell) but am well pleased.

jC
Old September 19th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'd like a pair. I was drooling on Charles Galpin's earlier this week. Natural aluminum is fine given the anodizing issue.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old September 20th, 2008, 12:39 AM
PlantDriver
Craig Reece
1973 Series/Defender 100"

I'd like a pair in clear anodized. I sent you an email.

Thanks,
Craig Reece

Defender/Series 100" with International 2.8, PlantDrive two-tank waste vegetable oil conversion and hinged roof, built by Shane Ballensky at Rover Hybrids
Old October 11th, 2008, 03:48 PM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

any further interest here for those who didn't get them first time round?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac