Colors - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 7th, 2007, 02:41 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Colors

Are any colors more valuable than any others? I know the blue soft top was only made in 94. Does it make a difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Yellow gets the most $$. Not in my case though.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old May 7th, 2007, 03:28 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Yellow gets the most $$. Not in my case though.
Why is that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
Why is that?
I don't think many people are all that interested in what I have left of a Defender.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:09 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
I don't think many people are all that interested in what I have left of a Defender.
I meant why is the yellow D-90 worth more? As far as your D, you just have a tighter nitch market.
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:31 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Yellow gets a few dollars more as does black

Green and red are about neutral

Small hit for white and a big hit for blue (no one likes the blue).

It could be worse, you could own a baby alien puke green lotus. :-)

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38702

Ron
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:37 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I didnt like the blue at first either. The after wheeling with Tyler and getting a first hand look at his blue ST as well as Mikes, I really saw how nice of a color it was. Sometimes its one of those colors that look better in person.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:38 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

i like the blue.
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
I meant why is the yellow D-90 worth more? As far as your D, you just have a tighter nitch market.
So kind! I think it is a combo of lower numbers of them available and the coolness of the color. I turned 16 in 1994 when the first Defender came out. And then later I saw an add with a yellow one and I knew after that I had to have the yellow. No other color was even an option for me.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:42 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

I think White is one of the best colors... though i like my Coniston the most.
Old May 7th, 2007, 06:34 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
So kind! I think it is a combo of lower numbers of them available and the coolness of the color. I turned 16 in 1994 when the first Defender came out. And then later I saw an add with a yellow one and I knew after that I had to have the yellow. No other color was even an option for me.
I would see a Yellow Defender when I went to pick up my sister at school and that was it me...Yellow D on the brain from that point on.

I didn't like the blue or white, but now it's grown on me. I also didn't care for SW, now I want one of them too. If I end up with a second Defender, I'm not sure what color I'm gonna get. I just need to hit the lotto!
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

All the original colors are really good, IMO. LR didn't do tacky metallics in trendy hues like most. The solids hold up well - literally and figuratively.

The Arles blue is true classic, a shame people don't like more. Maybe the pictures don't do it justice, but it is sharp on the SW.
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

I had to have a black ST and it ahd to be a 97. I think ther ewere only 215 black 97's. However, the Arles Blue is by far my favorite color, but I needed a ST and I wanted an auto.

I love the 94 blue ST's.
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:56 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I am not knocking the blue, I have a marine blue 1959 SII 88" all I am saying is that they tend to tae a bit of a hit on the price compared to some other colors because of demand. Most people want yellow/black/green/red/white
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
When I was serious about buying a D90, I wanted an Arles blue SW. That was my favorite color. I ended up with a Coniston Green ST and love it! Wouldn't change a thing about it...I still like the Arles Blue though...

Old May 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

I originally wanted a blue ST, always had wanted one, but then I discovered that they were only available with the ugly square `94 tail lights. So I went with my second option: yellow.
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:25 PM
97Ariesblu
kyle scheppler
1997/D-90 Station Wagon

my arles blue 97 is in my opinion the best looking because of how the black roll bar and black features really go well with the darkness of the blue...also i think with the wagon model the two-tone blue and white top looks really good too...as for price i didnt get any price break tell that to the guy that sold me the car please

p.s. i really do agree that the arles blue is better in person...pictures dont do the shade of color justice
Old May 9th, 2007, 01:03 PM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

Blue is nice. But I think the Defender looks best in green (coniston). It just reminds me of the older series models and the defenders in the bush that I remember seeing as a child. Definitely, a classic color.
Old May 9th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmccallum
Blue is nice. But I think the Defender looks best in green (coniston). It just reminds me of the older series models and the defenders in the bush that I remember seeing as a child. Definitely, a classic color.

Dido!

Old May 9th, 2007, 01:40 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Ariesblu
my arles blue 97 is in my opinion the best looking because of how the black roll bar and black features really go well with the darkness of the blue...also i think with the wagon model the two-tone blue and white top looks really good too...as for price i didnt get any price break tell that to the guy that sold me the car please

p.s. i really do agree that the arles blue is better in person...pictures dont do the shade of color justice
Isn't funny how everyone has a different opinion? Personally, I think the brighter colors (White, Red, Yellow) look best for exactly the opposite reason, they provide excellent contrast with the black steel bumpers, roll cage and plastic flares. To each is own...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions