Coil-Over Mounts - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Coil-Over Mounts

I've been looking for a few days for some kind of bolt-on coil-over hoop mount that will work on a 110. So far I've found a number of weld-together more generic kits intended for other vehicles that might work but nothing specifically intended to be mounted on a Defender.

What I'm looking to do is to take the suspension linkages from a D2 and a set of Diamond Axles or Currie Aluminum Rock Jock setup with full-floaters and D60 knuckles and mount those using Bilstein 9100 coil-overs onto a 110, I'll be buying a new frame to do the work and assemble the new rolling chassis prior to moving the 110 over to it hopefully by spring.

1. Can anyone help with finding mounts/suggesting ones to adapt?
2. Does anyone see an issue with the approach? I'm patterning it off the Wildcat suspension setup but the don't even run coil-overs and have not done a modified watts linkage to improve articulation.

I have another truck for trail runs, this one will be mostly for daily use and very long distance driving, I put about 50,000km on a year heading out to various climbing destinations and mountaineering trips and having something that'll handle great on-road and keep its off-road manners as well is the goal. It also gives me a chance to mount some better brakes, stronger knuckles, axles, etc while at the same time cutting the unsprung weight significantly all using readily available and servicable parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2008, 12:55 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Well, I think I've been talked out of going to this extreme. That and took a close look at the Wildcat suspension and if spring/shock is good enough for them I don't see why I can't make it work well too

Not to mention a couple helpful people here with interesting informed opinions. I still think it looks cool, and would probably work great but the hassle isn't likely to be worthwhile.

- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
coil, mount