Defender Source Forum banner

CO in Cabin

602 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Capt Milks 
#1 ·
I'm getting carbon monoxide entering the D90 passenger cabin. This is a 300 Tdi that I've had for a couple of months. It was occurring with the hard top on and it's the same now that the soft top is installed. The exhaust system is new and I've had it checked for leaks by two different muffler shops. I discovered a significant improvement by closing off the heater vents with duct tape. This would lead me to think there are two issues: there's some kind of CO blow-by happening under the hood, and the heater is pulling air from the engine bay instead of fresh air from the outside. Any ideas for next steps in troubleshooting?

#2 ·
normally you get the fresh air from the wing top vent. If you have a loose or missing intake, big plastic thing under the fender top, you could be pulling air from the engine bay. LHD or RHD? Most people have problems with pulling exhaust from a faulty exhaust system or the tail pipe not extending far enough past the side panel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.