clutch shudder - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 4th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Lee Davis
'95 D90 "BeastLee"
clutch shudder

Problem with the LR Series IIA. I did a search on this problem which didn't render much help - I'm experiencing clutch shudder when pulling away in first and also in reverse gear. No shudder or jerking in any other gears. Oil on the clutch plate or worn clutch maybe? Any other possible causes? What should I look for first? It could of course be driver error but i'd like to think not. The old truck is certainly very different from anything i've ever driven so guess it is possible.
Regardless, the kids are tired of getting whip lash. It was sitting under a neighbour's tree for 11 years being nothing more than a driveway ornament before we rescued it a couple of months ago, so still ironing out the wrinkles.. Did most of the work ourselves to get it up and running but honestly, I'm in the beginning stages of learning this stuff so please, be nice

Old February 4th, 2010, 10:02 PM
shane cates
94 d90
main seal peeing and wet clutch?

Got to put a clutch in regardless, so I guess it shouldnt matter what the problem is because it will expose itself
I love little baby ducks, old pick-up trucks, slow-moving trains, and rain
I love little country streams, sleep without dreams, sunday school in may,
And hay
And I love you too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions