Clutch pedal to floor - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 28th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Clutch pedal to floor

My brother-inlaw borrowed our D-90 for a month, when we got it back he said he added clutch pedal fluid and that I should bleed the system. Bled per owner manual. Never got the pedal to raise, it just sit on the floor board. Is the clutch cooked? Something else? Help

Old October 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
'95 D90 SW#106
I would check if there is a leak, or if the clutch cylinder needs rebuilding. Then if I were you, I would go see a shrink for letting your bro. in law borrow the Rover for a month!

Old October 28th, 2006, 09:14 PM
James T. Johnston, Jr.
1986 D110
I'd like to echo what Marc said about loaning to the brother in law. Very seldom does anyone else care as much about your LR than you; add in the fact that these are fairly temperamental units and the fact that your brother in law could give a sh*t about you or your ride, I'd say courting disaster would be a mild description for what you did. Be glad you got it back without having to file an insurance claim. Let this be a lesson. Nail the moveables fast to the floor and stay upwind in warm weather from the brother in law when he comes to visit. Hope this helps.
Old October 29th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW
you check the springs that are attatched to the pedal to see if the got knocked loose
Land Rovers are by far the best looking 4x4 on the back of a flatbed...
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM
1995 SW #487/500
the same goes for girlfriends. Dont let anyone else other than you drive your machine, they wont know to treat it
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Re-Fendered 90
Originally Posted by sflash868
you check the springs that are attatched to the pedal to see if the got knocked loose

Ding Ding. Jeeze guys, it's a simple question. If he had the spring attached the pedal would come back even if his brother had ripped off the master cylinder. It's like a $2 part you can get from Lowes.
2009 King of the Hammers

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old October 30th, 2006, 06:18 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow
Just pull the pedal back by hand and re bleed

3rd low and BOOT IT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions