Clutch pedal sticks halfway - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 4th, 2016, 12:46 AM
Craigd
Craig Dickson
1995 D90 Red Soft top

Registry
Clutch pedal sticks halfway

After driving for about 30 minutes my clutch pedal will stick halfway back on the return.

Pressure is good and reservoir is full. The fluid is slightly dark though. I can pull up on the pedal with my toe and the pedal flicks back in place. It is weird that it is sporadic and usually after 30 mins of driving.

Would this be a return spring or something internal. I am not seeing any leaks. Last two times the slave cylinder went out it leaked on my foot.

With a full reservoir I don't think anything is leaking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2016, 01:25 AM
Omero
Omar Alomar
2000 D110 CSW 6.2 LS (was TD5)

Registry
I'd have a look at the master cylinder. It could leak to behind the piston but not to the outside, so it acts like a shock absorber.
Old June 8th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Craigd
Craig Dickson
1995 D90 Red Soft top

Registry
Just wanted to update on the culprit for my clutch pedal. Turns out the bolts on the master cylinder were loose.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
clutch