Clutch pedal has no pressure - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 28th, 2010, 12:23 AM
ttegt
Thomas Tegtmeier
1995 Defender 90

Clutch pedal has no pressure

I have been reading past threads and didn't see anything similar to my day, I used my 95 d-90 140 k miles to shuffle around a couple of trailed boats today. One boat heavy, one not so.... It was a couple of short moves, back and forth, slight grade, all went well, With no load, 1/4 mile in to trip home, tranfer case disengaged, I hit the lever to re engage it, while still rolling, not fast, but moving. It engaged feeling as I down shifted, pulled right over, now, no pressure at the clutch pedal. Fluid level is fine. engine runs fine, any ideas as to where I should begin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2010, 12:29 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

If you start it in first gear low, do you get forward progress? If so, it is probably a slave, master or clutch fork. If not, then it is a probably a problem with the actual clutch.
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:49 AM
ttegt
Thomas Tegtmeier
1995 Defender 90

Yes it bucks forward when engaging starter motor and in gear. Do you know how I would check the clutch fork? Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2010, 01:33 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I am not sure. You might be able to see it if you remove the inspection plate on the front of the transmission right behind the oil pan, but like I said, I don't know.
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:06 AM
ttegt
Thomas Tegtmeier
1995 Defender 90

Thanks for your help

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
clutch