Clutch Master Cylinder Adapter Too Long - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:52 PM
98 HOO
Josh Smith
1960 Series 2a/D90 Hybrid

Registry
Clutch Master Cylinder Adapter Too Long

I am replacing my clutch master cylinder - when I threaded in the hydraulic line adapter into the new MC, I found out it is too shallow for the length of the adapter. The threads are right, the adapter is just longer than the opening is deep.... I have several of the copper washers - If I stack 3, I can tighten it down - will this work? I went to multiple stores and couldn't find a shorter adapter... Thought about swapping the new guts into the old MC body, but after disassebling the old one, the bore is scored...

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:21 PM
javelinadave
-
-

I just went thru something like this a month ago. I sent all the aftermarket stuff back and paid big bucks for genuine Land Rover parts from Rovers North. Everything fit like it was supposed to.
Old March 4th, 2014, 04:48 PM
98 HOO
Josh Smith
1960 Series 2a/D90 Hybrid

Registry
Just in case someone searches for this later - it worked fine with the three washers stacked. Been driving like that for several days without any sign of a leak.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
clutch, master