Defender Source Forum banner

Clutch

Tags
clutch
1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Ncrover725 
#1 ·
I tried every search function and could not find the tread I started about my clutch. Sorry about reposting.

I got it replaced. It now feels weird. It has about a four inch throw and it catches right off the floor. I know there has to be a more technical way of saying that, but I don't know a better way of describing it.

I pulled in to a gas station and a couple of teenagers came up talking about how cool it was. I gave them the key and told them to take it around the block. They came back a few minutes later and did not complain about the clutch. Maybe it's just me.

#4 ·
When you say you "got it replaced"....was it the clutch plate, or the clutch hydraulics (i.e. Master cylinder)? If the latter, make absolutely sure you have "freeplay" at the inside pedal (in other words 1/4" of movement at the pedal before it engages).

Before you drive 40-miles each way, pull the inspection cover off the clutch pedal box/housing inside the engine compartment and post a pic. It's held on by 6 screws and will pop off quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.