Clunking at slow roll - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 4th, 2014, 08:18 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Clunking at slow roll

My 110 has a part-time tcase, lt77 and fairy locking front hubs of which I have very little experience with. She's old so putting everything in low takes a couple attempts. She pops out but has always gone back in okay. After doing some very basic trails and putting her back into 2wd H I now notice that the last 10 feet before a full stop I'm getting what I would describe as some loose chunkiness in the drive train. It seems too loose to be UJs and there seems to be no signs of anything different when under load. In other words No vibes. There is what I would describe as typical rover slop in the drive train.

Does this sound like wear in the tcase to anyone? She's old but has only done about 60k since 83.

My initial thought was to drain trans and tcase fluids and replace with some redline to see if that helps any.

Thanks
Clay
Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2014, 04:19 PM
RovingRyan
Ryan Phelps
84 LHD 110

Registry
Mine does the same however it is a full-time transfer case. I just popped the pto cover and inspected the gear/spline wear and found some considerable slop/wear there. There also seems to be excessive slop in my transfer case. Curious as to what you find with yours.
Ryan
Old May 4th, 2014, 06:46 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Thanks Ryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions