Choosing a top - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Fiberglass is pain, it looks best in the loft in my garage.

Allstate purchased a RN top for me (insurance claim) and it is better then the original Bestop...but everything I've read points to Badger and the RN top is still difficult.

OR- tell your dog to ride up front and get over it My dane prefers the 90 to the Disco since she gets to ride shotgun. Bicyles and cement trucks beware...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2008, 05:19 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Hey don't be bad mouthing the Fiberglass. After about 12 years of driving around with the original Tickford top I bought a Fiberglass top. I actually kind of like it and I think it deadens the outside noise better than a soft top, still leaks at the door seals though. Of course if I had the cash I would have bought a Badger, and probably eventually will, but for 800-1000 bucks you can usually find a decent hard top. Someone just let one go on here for about 550 and for that price you can't beat it.

Also as far as off-roading goes you come talk to me when a nice branch just punched a hole in your brand new badger. Nice thing about cheap stuff is you don't care that much when it breaks.

B
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:58 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I'd take bubba on progressively longer trips, first at lower speeds, then higher. With some conditioning he should love the open air driving!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2008, 01:59 AM
vkv
Kamyar Vaghar
1994 D90

Thank you to all of you, and Bubba thanks all of you too, especially Charles. I'll see which top I can come up with the quickest, which most likely won't be the Badger, until I get the Badger II. The surrey option seems awesome.
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfD90
Dogs love surreys.
Found the pic I was looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_094-1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	12482  

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:43 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Found the pic I was looking for.
ever since i saw your 90 i've been telling my wife we need to get a badger top, it looked very good, and i know my dogs would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcampbel@nas.edu
Hey don't be bad mouthing the Fiberglass. After about 12 years of driving around with the original Tickford top I bought a Fiberglass top. I actually kind of like it and I think it deadens the outside noise better than a soft top, still leaks at the door seals though. Of course if I had the cash I would have bought a Badger, and probably eventually will, but for 800-1000 bucks you can usually find a decent hard top. Someone just let one go on here for about 550 and for that price you can't beat it.
I like the fiberglass top in the winter as well, it is quiter, and the "sky lights" make it brighter inside.
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:50 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkavan01
ever since i saw your 90 i've been telling my wife we need to get a badger top, it looked very good, and i know my dogs would love it!
If I'd have bought a Badger to begin with instead of trying all the alternatives (bikini, surrey, bestop, hardtop), I'd have come out money ahead.

It's the only top you'll ever need. Get it!

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:52 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
It's the only top you'll ever need. Get it!
I should sell the fiberglass one to finance it... I'll wait until i tear my truck apart to repaint it though!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions