check engine lite - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 13th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Bryan Krill
'95 D90 wagon
check engine lite

Can anyone out there tell me the best way to reset a check engine (the red one) lite on a 1995 D90 SW.

Old April 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
You mean the red service engine? or the orange check engine?

If the former, take out the two screws and pull the bulb as it is just an emissions reminder. There is a brown relay you can reset or pull or whatever, but it is a useless light.

If the latter, you can disconnect the battery for 30sec or so and it will reset. However, I would read the code on the code reader which is under the passenger side seat first.

*not legal advice*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions