Check Engine Light/Fault Display Issues - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 30th, 2015, 06:10 PM
D90884
Jon
1994 Defender 90 #884

Check Engine Light/Fault Display Issues

I have an issue with my CEL and Fault display (94 NAS with 14CUX). I bought my truck last year and have had ongoing issues with the CEL coming on. The fault display has never worked. I have gone through much of the wiring and even replaced the warning lamp cluster, replaced the engine warning check light unit behind the dash (AMR 2041), bought a second hand fault display that I was told worked in its last application and tested the wiring from the ECU to the fault display. I have 12 volts at the brown/orange wire to the fault display unit and a good ground at the black/slate wire. No voltage readings at the pink and brown/pink wires but the CEL is on. I have cleared the CEL by unplugging the 14CUX control unit but the CEL comes right back on again when starting the truck the next time so I know something is up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance, really stuck with this one. Truck runs well but I would like to figure out what the cause is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 30th, 2015, 07:42 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90884 View Post
I have an issue with my CEL and Fault display (94 NAS with 14CUX). I bought my truck last year and have had ongoing issues with the CEL coming on. The fault display has never worked. I have gone through much of the wiring and even replaced the warning lamp cluster, replaced the engine warning check light unit behind the dash (AMR 2041), bought a second hand fault display that I was told worked in its last application and tested the wiring from the ECU to the fault display. I have 12 volts at the brown/orange wire to the fault display unit and a good ground at the black/slate wire. No voltage readings at the pink and brown/pink wires but the CEL is on. I have cleared the CEL by unplugging the 14CUX control unit but the CEL comes right back on again when starting the truck the next time so I know something is up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance, really stuck with this one. Truck runs well but I would like to figure out what the cause is.
Google rover gauge.

You know the CEL comes on at startup and then goes out? Does yours stay on?
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old August 30th, 2015, 08:12 PM
D90884
Jon
1994 Defender 90 #884

Thanks, great suggestion on the rovergauge software. Is the best source for the interface cable still to build it yourself or are these available from a source now? The developers website readme file says it needs to be built.

Also yes my CEL stays on continuously.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 30th, 2015, 10:09 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90884 View Post
Thanks, great suggestion on the rovergauge software. Is the best source for the interface cable still to build it yourself or are these available from a source now? The developers website readme file says it needs to be built. Also yes my CEL stays on continuously. Thanks.
I have some of the parts to make them. Pm your address and I'll send you the bits.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old August 31st, 2015, 05:35 AM
D90884
Jon
1994 Defender 90 #884

Thanks! PM sent.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions