Central Door Locks - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 1st, 2005, 02:01 PM
48vphantom
Jeff Hoien
1997 NAS D90

Central Door Locks

Apologies up front if this has been discussed before and if anyone can post a link that would be great. I am trying to find if it's possible to install a working remote door locking system with an alarm in my 97 SW for the three doors. Seems like I saw some posts earlier but I can't remember...
Thanks everyone.
jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2005, 02:57 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I have never taken a SW door apart, but I have installed electric locks in a car before. The kits to do it are generic and can be adapted to lock/unlock just about any door. Then all you need is an alarm system to tie the electric locks into and you are on your way. When I helped my friend do his car I think he bought the electric lock actuators on e-bay.
Old June 1st, 2005, 04:09 PM
Monkeyboy

I knew I kept this stuff on my desk for a reason...

Look at http://www.falcon4x4.com/acatalog/Central_Locking.html and see if its what you need.

http://www.falcon4x4.com/acatalog/Central_Locking.html

No, I haven't done it to mine yet

KAA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2005, 08:38 PM
arbik
Arbi Karapetian
1995 D-90 SW #163/500

My D90 came with remote keyless entry. The previous owner had them installed at an Al&Eds shop. They work great. Mine only operates the two doors, and not the rear SW door.
If you really want to do the rear door too, you'll have to purchase a special rear door latch assembly, which is an option on the new european defenders. This unit has an extra "rod" comming out of it, where the solenoid attaches. They had one on ebay for $55 if I remember correctly a while back.

hope this helps.

-arbi
Old June 1st, 2005, 09:05 PM
48vphantom
Jeff Hoien
1997 NAS D90

Thanks everyone. Keith, those were the links I remember seeing, thanks for the repost. Arbi, ya I saw that rear latch assy on ebay at the time and said "I'll bet I'm gonna need that for a remote set up". As always thanks very much for the info...Will post back if/when I get this installed...
jeff

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door