Center seat install question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 6th, 2009, 03:37 PM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Center seat install question

I have a center seat (thanks Pendy) that I need to install. Does anyone have pics of how the seat and seatbelts are mounted?

Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM
moose
Brett
Ex-Mod Tdi 110 Hard Top

Registry
Eric, I put a centre seat into my Ex-Mod three door 110. There were no mounting holes in the seat box, so I just centred the seat and drilled four. For the seat belt, I obviously wanted a shoulder belt, so I had a bar made up that runs along behind the back of the seats at head rest height. To this I was able to attach the shoulder belt and a third head rest. For the actual seat belt, I had two retractable belts that came out of an Ex-Mod 90. My 110 had mounting holes behind the seat box for three sets of belts so i just used the two unused ones. Popped out the plastic plugs and just threaded in new bolts. Forget the size but they are fine thread and I got them at Home Depot. I installed the centre belt so it clicks on the right, away from my belt, seeing as I'm the one using the truck solo most of the time.

I mounted the shoulder belt on the underside of the bar for now, but when my eight year old daughter gets a little taller, I can move the belt up on top of the bar to keep it in the correct position across her shoulder and torso.

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/t...8/DSCN5425.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/t.../DSCN5427a.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/t.../DSCN5431a.jpg

Hope this helps.

Brett
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:12 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
THANKS that is exactly what I needed. Now to pull the center console and go for a test fit.
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2009, 07:43 PM
nikojo
John
D90 SW -- 2.8PS

I think someone sells a seat belt kit that mounts to the floor and has a retracting shoulder/lap belt......maybe Exmoor. Will try to pull the link if I can find it.

Also, could go with four-point and mount to floor behind seat.
Old October 9th, 2009, 09:43 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
We will be happy with a lap belt on the center seat. I lived as a kid with no belts so a lap belt is a step up.
Direct Line 518-539-2231

Old October 9th, 2009, 10:16 AM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn24whl
We will be happy with a lap belt on the center seat. I lived as a kid with no belts so a lap belt is a step up.
I installed my center seat with just the lap belt and I'm perfectly happy with it... the shoulder harness would certainly be safer but so would driving a newer car so pick your battle I guess...
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:12 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharris
I installed my center seat with just the lap belt and I'm perfectly happy with it... the shoulder harness would certainly be safer but so would driving a newer car so pick your battle I guess...
That is exactly how my wife and I feel. She wants a bumper sticker for the front of the 110 that says "You are my crumple zone"

Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

Old October 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn24whl
"You are my crumple zone"
NICE! I generally don't go for bumper stickers of any kind but THAT I think I might put on LOL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions