Cd Player for an 'F reg' Defender? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 5th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Richard Hasluck
Cd Player for an 'F reg' Defender?

Hi all, you'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge. My dad has recently reacquainted his love for Defenders after years of having to have a 'more sensible' car for the family. His birthday is coming up, and i'd like to get him a Cd player for his F reg Defender so he can listen to his Queen and Madonna Cds. but unfortunately i don't know a lot about Defenders. Would i be able to buy an aftermarket Cd player and get it fitted easily? does it need any additional cables etc? any help would be appreciated. i would go and look myself, but my dads fitting a new engine and gearbox in it, so everythings a bit of a mess in there at the mo.

Old June 5th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
Richard, what exactly is an "F reg" Defender? Does it have any type of stereo in it now? If not you will need to wire it completlyin, add speakers and an areial. There are 2 basic ways to mount a stereo (CD player) 1 would be to put it in a chubby box, the other is to buy a dash kit that lets you mount the stereo in the dash next to the gauges. So I think we need a little more info on what you have to work with to help you out

Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel
Old June 5th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
Yeah, us US guys dont associate letters with year of registration like you Brits - thanks for inventing a secret code for model years!

You'll be able to easily install any aftermarket CD player you wish, and like Mike said, the only issue will be where you put it. I like the idea of using a "marine" unit because they have clearcoated/expoxy coated circuitry and are supposed to hold up better to moisture and vibration.
Old June 5th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)
You can have someone else do it, that's what the PO of mine did, and on the installation sheet in the "Notes" section it says - Truck goes underwater. Another reason to get a marine unit.
I like mine in the cubby box, I don't think I'd put one in the dash if it's a ST.
"Pump one is on for the black Jeep"
"It's not a Jeep"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions