Carolina to Florida - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 5th, 2004, 01:29 PM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

When I moved to Wilmington NC from Tampa Florida 2 and a half years ago, I had to move up here without my d-90. (Its was in the shop getting new heads put on it...another story entirely) So my great friend Chris Horsman drove it up to me when it was finished a couple of months later.

Let me tell you that Chris is English. He's driven Land Rovers his ENTIRE life, and even did some racing with them back in the UK. He's one of the best friends that I have ever had and is just a genuinely nice guy who would do anything for anybody.

When Chris reached NC and slid out of my truck...he handed me the keys, and weaved an intricate layer of expletives for what must have been 10 or 12 minutes, the likes of which I dare not even attempt to recall here in this forum. The trip that took me 10 hours in a packed Uhaul with my old Range Rover as a chase vehicle...took Chris close to 12. And for a 90...my truck really scoots.

I don't think his back has been the same since. And I've also noticed that he doesn't call me as often as he used to either.

huh.

I'd suggest finding that one that you have that thinks your truck is "really cool"...and let HIM drive it down to Daytona for you. LOL Have him leave NC at the break of dawn....and drive to the airport in Daytona to pick you up on the late flight in. ;-)
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2004, 09:51 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

hahaha yeah my buddy is driving his decked out Dakota R/T so he will probably be a good bit ahead of me...I had some parts that were getting powder coating not get done so the 90 isn't gonna look like i wanted, but oh well...thanks for the help everyone

Jason Habbal

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Old March 5th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Jase
Jase
pending

Jason,

I don't see where you'll have a problem. I drove my 97 from Seattle WA to Concord NH. If your truck has been well maintained it will go well. Pack a few extra tools and some fuilds to be safe.

I averaged about 16MPG.

Jase
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2004, 08:26 AM
vesparover
brian bertolini

I just got back from delivering a bike to daytona from charleston, sc with my defender. No problems other than the wind hitting me like a brick!
Brian Bertolini
Old March 7th, 2004, 10:44 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

yeah im gonna drop the top and hit the road....Can't wait till tommroow.....Thanks for the info everyone..I have just recieved a barrage of responces in 3 days......

Jason Habbal

Old March 7th, 2004, 02:31 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Hope you have a good time . i have been in Fl. for maybe 3 days man its nice here yeah well
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:48 AM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
Made it to Ft lauderdale yesterday and we are staying the crappiest hotel in the city. Right now I have a pretty sketch internet connection.

There is a really cool 110 with all kinds of cool stuff on it in the parking lot. I talked with the guy and he and his wif ehave been traveling the country since they bought it in 93. I want to make it to the LR centre if I can find it. Maybe I can see Martin's rover in Person??

-Mike
Old March 8th, 2004, 10:49 AM
vesparover
brian bertolini

If you're going to drive it to fl with the top down you better bring a hat at least! From charleston to florida I got absolutely fried! My left arm is roasted from sitting on the door top too. Not to mention that I was deaf for two days from all the wind noise!
Have fun
brian bertolini
Old March 8th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Toddco
Todd Klueger
1995 Defender 90

Did anyone mention spare oil cooler lines?
Old March 9th, 2004, 11:46 AM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

hey mike

call me on my cell @954.520.2408. I am here at the dealership and i can give you directions to get here.
Old March 10th, 2004, 06:54 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
Thanks for showing us around Ft Lauderdale and the LR centre, Martin. Everyone really enjoyed seeing your rover, the camel trophy disco, and the Enzo. Too bad we didn'tget to drive anything . Anyway......got to get back to spring break business

-Mike
Old March 11th, 2004, 11:21 AM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

not to confuse anyone on the board, i dont own a camel trophy discovery and an enzo, just a couple of rovers. they all are here at the dealership.
it was nice meeting you mike and your carolina gang. you need to post a pic of your d90 in the bios. i didnt realize anyone wanted to go for a ride, i could have taken you in my defender or a 360 modena, i just didnt have room for all of you and I didnt want to leave anyone out.

Enjoy the rest of your stay in fort lauderdale and have a safe trip home.

martin
Old March 11th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

Quote:
Originally posted by mpodgorski
not to confuse anyone on the board, i dont own a camel trophy discovery and an enzo, just a couple of rovers. they all are here at the dealership.

martin
I would have let that one slip about the enzo...he made you sound like the man
Old March 14th, 2004, 11:35 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Hey everyone....
I got down to daytona and back with the 90...I have to say daytona is one big shit hole and i was pretty sketched out about leaving my truck there for a week...It only took 8 tanks of gas for the whole trip.... .....But other than that the 90 treated me well....

Jason Habbal

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions