Carb difference and door panels - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 20th, 2005, 03:38 PM
DIVERPRO
Tamer Adel

Talking Carb difference and door panels

Hello,

I am hoping to buy a performance carb and manifold to replace my V8 mainfold and the two carbs, edelbrok offers this, but does any one know if there are differences between the Land Rover engines exported to America and the ones here in Europe? with other meaning will the edlbrok manifold and carb fit on my European V8 or not?

Any one know where i can get cheap doo panels, used ones or so? as i think the 260$ for the panel is too much

Thanx
Tamer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

The edelbrock intake manifold should fit just fine, and I believe Weiand has a couple as well. Just beware, there are a couple "Race only" manifolds that do not have the front water crossover build into it. A quick check for the thermostat housing would let you know if it's ok or not.

I suggest not going too big on the carb either. I wouldn't go any bigger than 600cfm on the Rover.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old March 20th, 2005, 05:31 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
The edelbrock intake manifold is part #2198 and the carb is part #1404. The carb is 500cfm. I have this set up on my engine and noticed increased horse power but really noticed an increase in torque.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door, panels