can't start, no fuel supply - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Range Rover Sport 2013
can't start, no fuel supply

So I put the car together, finally. And now it is time to start it. Sparks are there, but no fuel supply. Should I reset something, like Inertia switch? Any ideas, why it is not getting fuel?

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Chris Davis
94 D90, 88 RRC
Let's start easy--when you turn the ignition on, can you hear the fuel pump running? If no, then check the silver bosch relays by the passenger kick panel--one is for the fuel pump, one is for the ignition system. If you can hear your fuel pump, I would start by seeing if you are getting fuel at your fuel rail--if not, then probably your fuel filter. If you are, then probably your injectors. Good place to start.

Old January 24th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
Man Dmitry you should have done this back when you had none of the body put on. It would be much easier to troubleshoot without it all in the way.

I don't have any better suggestions than these guys, but if you can't hear the fuel pump and you are sure the silver relays are good (or try new ones) then your probably going to need to drop the fuel tank and make sure you are getting voltage there, and if you are then the pump is bad (otherwise figure out why no voltage).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

fuel, start