Can someone with a stock truck take a measurement for me? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 10th, 2009, 09:46 AM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

I've always laughed (or I guess more rolled my eyes) at the trucks with giant lifts (I guess they're good for mud bogging?) but knowing that the sickest ride I know is sitting on virtually no lift... well that's just funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Thanks. I have a boring old 300Tdi. I changed the t-case to 1.2 and run 6.20 in the diffs. Believe it or not, that little motor took me near 80 across the desert screaming at 4k rpm. I even passed two rigs running 100% with big V8's through the open desert. The suspension is more important to go fast than an abundance of power. However, I am underpowered for the open desert by a lot. Okay through the whoops.
talk about the little engine that could... you planning on switching out to something else for more power or are you gaining a weight savings that you don't want to give up? 4bt perhaps?
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharris
I've always laughed (or I guess more rolled my eyes) at the trucks with giant lifts (I guess they're good for mud bogging?) but knowing that the sickest ride I know is sitting on virtually no lift... well that's just funny

talk about the little engine that could... you planning on switching out to something else for more power or are you gaining a weight savings that you don't want to give up? 4bt perhaps?
Thanks man!!

I would love more power. But, I really have never wanted any more in the rocks. The manual puts it down so fast and hard I have never ran out. In the open desert it needs more to be competitive. I just don't think I can justify it. It is hard to give up the reliability of this motor. I mean I changed my oil to get it ready for koh! I think it's about as far as a rover can go. The recent tummy tuck took away the only big complaint I had. I think at this point any large changes might necessitate a custom chassis start from scratch. I'm not near wanting that though. I will put this up against just about anything in the rocks. At least any 4 seater.

Unfortunately, it's not that light anymore though.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions