Can someone do a favor for me? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 28th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Can someone do a favor for me?

I was hoping that somebody could trace the rear wheelwell opening on a piece of cardboard and mail it to me. Without the fender or up tight to the actual body line. I will pay for the shipping of course.

I basically need a drawing of the rear well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Captain Spalding
Captain Spalding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
I was hoping that somebody could trace the rear wheelwell opening on a piece of cardboard and mail it to me. Without the fender or up tight to the actual body line. I will pay for the shipping of course.

I basically need a drawing of the rear well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
You're looking for the sheet metal or the plastic wheel arch? (maybe they're the same, I don't know.)
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spalding
You're looking for the sheet metal or the plastic wheel arch? (maybe they're the same, I don't know.)
The metal, not the plastic. Thanks

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Shane@EVS
Roverhybrids

I'll provide the template if you let me in on the plan!
Old March 30th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverhybrids
I'll provide the template if you let me in on the plan!
Done. I'll PM you with all the details. Thanks!!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:53 AM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

are you replacing your tub?
Old March 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90
are you replacing your tub?
yes and no. Sorta, mostly.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 30th, 2008, 01:12 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Quote:
yes and no. Sorta, mostly.
Dave are you running for office? You are sounding like a Politician.

Old March 30th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90
Dave are you running for office? You are sounding like a Politician.
I believe in hope. Hope for change. Because change is the future, and the future is ahead of us, where the past is behind us. So hope for the future of change, and hope to change the future. There must first be hope, and then change, but you can not have hope without change. Elect me.

I don't mean to be so cryptic. It's just that there is not much progress and describing what I am doing is very difficult. It's getting a face lift. I do have a few pics of it naked though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1011291.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	12811   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1011292.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	12812  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
I believe in hope. Hope for change. Because change is the future, and the future is ahead of us, where the past is behind us. So hope for the future of change, and hope to change the future. There must first be hope, and then change, but you can not have hope without change. Elect me.

I don't mean to be so cryptic. It's just that there is not much progress and describing what I am doing is very difficult. It's getting a face lift. I do have a few pics of it naked though.
That's OK, go ahead and try. Several of us are interested in a rear re-design and would like some creative input.

Tis

If you have some, can you send me a couple front shots like aproach angle side shot and panhard frame side mount. How much do you think you moved your front axle forward and how much total lift do you have?
Old March 30th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90
That's OK, go ahead and try. Several of us are interested in a rear re-design and would like some creative input.

Tis

If you have some, can you send me a couple front shots like aproach angle side shot and panhard frame side mount. How much do you think you moved your front axle forward and how much total lift do you have?
What I am doing to rear is difficult to explain. It involves tube, panel, dovetail, all with a stock rover look to it. I will keep you in the loop as progress is made. I know you are interested.

As to your questions, the front end was moved forword 3in. I think I have 4in of lift. I run that much more for ground clearance than necessity.

Here are pics of the front approach angle (90 degrees) and the panhard. I used the stock mount but cut and welded it to make it closer to the frame. Be VERY careful if you plan to weld a new bracket to the rover frame. No matter how big you build the new bracket, I have seen them peel away from the rover frame like a tuna can lid, twice.

One last thing, with the way I cut the front in the first pictures, the tire comes within about a quarter of an inch from hitting it at full stuff with the tires turned. I have over 40 degrees of steering so that has something to do with that, but this is why I warned you that there is not a lot of alternatives to cutting if you want to run tires this size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1011293.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	12813   Click image for larger version

Name:	P5260238.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	12814  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 30th, 2008, 07:29 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Cool, thanks. I had my panhard modified once since it had interference problems originally with the 9"s.

I'm somewhere in the middle, I'd like to run a 39" but like a low slung rig too. I need the wheelbase as much if not more than I need the extra tire height. Your cut looks good, but one thing I want to do is retain a trimmed flare for the "stock" look. I might be able to do that with a moderate cut like yours or Bill's in the front.

Definately keep me posted on the rear...I haven't seen a design yet that or thought of one that makes me ready to cut into the rear tub.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

saw your truck in this month's Peterson's. You re-doing the exo so they can do another article referencing your rig?

Tis

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions