Can I replace Panhard with car on ground? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 18th, 2009, 08:59 PM
johnpiero
John Brancato
none

Can I replace Panhard with car on ground?

Hi all!
From my previous post you may know that my misaligned front axle is probably due to a bent Panhard Rod. I took your advice and purchased an adjustablt panhard rod from Rovertym.
$185 later, I'd like to save some money and install it myself before I take it in for alignment.

Car I simpley remove and install the new panhard rod with the car on the ground (NO jackstands or lift)? I'm concerend that the body could shift over if i do...OUCH!!!!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

yes... I have done it before. I replaced my stock one with an adjustable one. I aligned the holes from the OEM one and put it on. Not too hard. With yours being misaligned, I would have a deadblow hammer available.

Scott

Old January 18th, 2009, 09:09 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

one side threads forward and one reverse. I couldn't do it on the ground. I wouldn't do it on the ground sam I am...eggs and ham and stuff. Lift the truck up dude.! good luck and a good upgrade!
And I love you too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 18th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpiero
Hi all!
From my previous post you may know that my misaligned front axle is probably due to a bent Panhard Rod. I took your advice and purchased an adjustablt panhard rod from Rovertym.
$185 later, I'd like to save some money and install it myself before I take it in for alignment.

Car I simpley remove and install the new panhard rod with the car on the ground (NO jackstands or lift)? I'm concerend that the body could shift over if i do...OUCH!!!!
Thanks
Your mount was bent, did you replace it? The box looked off too. It's one piece and I hope you replaced it as the adjustable panhard will not adjust shorter that far.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:47 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpiero
Hi all!

Thanks
yes, have a friend or two handy to help get it lined up if it shifts a bit. You can always use your winch if you have one too.
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:38 PM
flynn23
Scott Kozicki
97 NAS D90 SW

I've done it on the grass before. Like huck1974 said, one side threads towards the rear of the truck and the other towards the front. The one on the driver's side is the one that I had more trouble getting aligned. If you have a good hydralic jack under the driver's door, you can adjust it so the holes are spot on. An impact wrench later and you're golden. The hardest part is getting the rest of the suspension out of the way so that you can get tools on the nuts n bolts, but a little patience and some adjustment of the jack and you should be good to go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac