Can anyone recommend door speaker '97 D-90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 11th, 2014, 07:17 PM
hamiamham
mike
97 D-90

Can anyone recommend door speaker '97 D-90

I run it with a bimini all summer so something that can standup to the elements would be pref. Also need to know the size speaker I need to order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2014, 03:03 AM
petminded
David
1995 Defender 90- Yellow- Soft Top

In my 95 NAS 90 I just went to Best Buy and purchased something on closeout. From what I recall they were Pioneer 6.5 in and cost about $50. I would go out and chaeck except its in the shop right now Changed the back two too. I'm in SoCal so we don't get much weather here but I never have my windows on and I know the people that wash my 90 have to get them wet.

They fit in really snug and took only 30 mint to get them all the door. So for $50 I wouldn't worry too much if they get ruined.

Oh yea they sound good too, and I dont have any problems hearing them when Im driving 70 on the highway.
Old August 12th, 2014, 07:24 AM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
You need something like alpine sps - m600. 6.5 inches is the correct size and check depth too, not a lot room in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2014, 12:04 PM
petminded
David

I didn't have a depth problem. There was more room then expected. If you have the ST like me we have more room in the front door panels because we don't have windows that retract.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All-Car-Speakers.html
Old August 12th, 2014, 05:16 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

I've bought regular pioneer speakers that have poly cones and have had no issues. Those that know me know that in the past I would drive from May to October with no roof. Haven't had a problem other than the door skins rattling at times.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 12th, 2014, 07:26 PM
ajtbussen
A J Bussen
1997 D-90 ST

JL Audio marine 6 1/2" marine speakers in grey. Not only are they completely weather proof but they also are designed for open dashes giving them decent low end response. The ST has never sounded better!
Old August 13th, 2014, 04:10 AM
petminded
David

Don't know about the cost for the JL but Polk makes a cone that is out of indestructible stuff and it has a rubber surround. Crutchfield had a pair for $99 so I'm sure you can find a better deal out there.
Old August 13th, 2014, 08:26 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
If you really want to step up your game. JL is having a buy one get one 50% off on subwoofers right now.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 01:39 PM
Sned
Ed
1994 NAS D90

Registry
German made Helix EX5's fit in 94 NAS door card and rear tub housings real nicely.
Old December 24th, 2015, 11:58 AM
D110
Jamie
1955 107

Registry
I swapped out the stock door speakers in our 97' NAS for Polk DB651 speakers and am very happy with the performance - didn't bother doing the rears since they usually are covered up with gear packed in the back... I might get another pair and mount them up high if I can figure out a clean way to do it.

The DB651 speakers are marine rated which gives a little piece of mind (I live in the PNW so they do get wet this time of year...)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 97, d-90, door