Cam Suggestions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 21st, 2006, 09:44 PM
punter
Scott
1966 Series IIA

Cam Suggestions

I've got a 3.5L V8 from my D110, that I'm rebuilding...

Engine is out, stripped down, and at the machine shop.

I'm going to start ordering my parts for the rebuild and I'd like to know if any of you, that own this same motor, have installed an aftermarket cam in yours. If so, what did you use and how were the results?

I've got to replace my Cam and Lifters/Tappets anyway, so I'd like to see if I can get a little more ouf of the engine while I'm at it. Any recommendations?

Cheers,
Punter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2006, 09:59 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

A stock 3.9 cam will really help a 3.5 motor - signifigant difference. You'll want to look at RPI's website www.v8engines.com

This page: http://www.rpiv8.com/engine-6a.htm
Old November 22nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Crower cam is the way to go. revor found some cool lifters too. I knwo buick will work but search on pirate4x4.com and it will come up.

Ron
Advertisement

Old November 22nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

I put a Crane cam for a Buick/Olds V-8 in my 3.5 L 1985 Range Rover years ago - wound up having to put some shims under the rocker shaft stands because the base circle for the GM cam was larger in diameter than the Rover cam and it preloaded the hydraulic lifters too much. Just something else you need to check when you're changing cams.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions