Defender Source Forum banner

Calling The Badger Man

Tags
badger
6K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  badgerman 
#1 ·
Anybody ever see a top like this for the defender soft top?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I had one made exactly like this. It's one of the best things I have for my truck. Since I never use the top anymore, it keeps out all the dust and doesn't sit on top of the paint which helps avoid scratches. Mine was made out of two white sheets and some rope at the bottom so I can cinch it tight.

If Chris has one, I bet the quality is awesome.

#8 ·
after reading Chris' emails. I'm really pumped about this project!
I've attached the photos he sent me so all could see what's being considered for production.
my only concern would be fastening it with the strip like my full top does. Seems to me that would be a pain...guess it's better than a wet ass or dusty cab and better still than putting my full top on.

Attachments

#10 ·
evilfij said:
Why not just put on the top then?

Ron
Yes, that does look like a bit of work to put on, but still very nice. Looks like it's more for long term storage. Mine takes like 5 mins to put on and take off. I'm starting a new business!

#14 ·
I'm glad you people like this item. My thoughts in designing this was to appeal and work for the majority of the Defender owners by going between the windshield and the front roll cage. The reason is, what do you do for vehicles with lights and or roof racks. I want to make one style and mindlessly sew them together. If you are going to go over the front cage, you might as well get a full car cover.

It's for the owner that wants to drive to work, but there is a chance of showers. The zippers allow you access into the vehicle to get your gym bag, briefcase, your gun in case you're going postal at work, etc.with out taking the cover off. I try to use fore thought when designing products.

Chris
Badger Coachworks

#21 ·
CHris,
I used to have one of those covers on my jeep and it fastened with little two inch plastic pieces that fit into the rail system. There was one at each corner, that way you don't have to run the plastic piece under the entire rail and it still holds the cover on.

#22 ·
I have full car cover, but it would be nice have something that would be easier to get on and off. I like going between the windscreen and the cage - avoids lights and snorkles. Tying it down to side mirrors might work or just have bungie cords at corners with padded hooks to secure it to rear crossmember and rock sliders in front - or an adjustable strap instead of the bungie

#25 · (Edited)
Would love something like the Qwik Cover - something I could just throw over the top and secure (so it won't blow away) in 30 seconds.

I run Badger's surrey and tonneau almost all the time which wouldn't work well with the current cabin cover design.

I'm tempted to cut up a cheap full cover and buy a sewing machine. Don't want the bulk of a full cover and since I've never washed my truck in five years, I don't want a full cover messing up the patina of dust and grime on my bodywork.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.