Calipers and Bleed valve - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 21st, 2004, 12:44 PM
jabber
m j

Calipers and Bleed valve

Do both pads in the caliper compress evenly? Or is one stationary.... I know weird question but it looks like one of my pads is rusted to the caliper.

/CB
Does any one have an extra bleed valve for the caliper lying around? something chewed the crap out of mine.
/CB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2004, 05:25 PM
RoverChic
D-90 Source P.I.
02 D2, 13 E350 AMG, 11 Ford F350

Front or rear? You might have to wiggle them out using some needle nose pliers. Try taking a 3/8 to the valve on the caliper and working with it a bit. You might have to remove the whole caliper? Not sure. I have some caliper pictures posted from D1 under the thread Brake Line.

Normally they should wear evenly ůsounds like maybe one of the pistons is bad. This can be contributed to uneven or undistributed pad wear on either side of the caliper wear the pads sit. Good Luck.
Old December 21st, 2004, 11:50 PM
jabber
m j

Thanks Melissa,

It's the front. I had to remove both calipers to rebuild the front end. I changed all the bushing and seals, cleaned up the frame and sand blasted the arms and panhard rod. All because I needed to get a new pig for the front... How great is that! You have it apart and figure hey I may as well do this and this and this... never ends. I love it.

regarding the bleed value. It literally looks like someone chewed it off. I'm going to have to easy-out it. that's why I need a replacement.

I did get the pad off, with a little persuasion for a hammer and screw driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2004, 10:33 AM
RoverChic
D-90 Source P.I.
02 D2, 13 E350 AMG, 11 Ford F350

Mike

Being that it is a *somewhat* normal Caliper you should be able to locate that part (the bleeder valve only) @ an auto parts (such as AutoZone) store. Hey considering a move back to Chicago (possibly Highland Park - originally from Tinley Park area) maybe we will see you in the near future.
Old December 22nd, 2004, 11:54 AM
jabber
m j

Cool I'll check that out this weekend... Hopefully they'll have one.

Funny, I'm in Flossmoor! But, I'm moving to Boulder the second week in Jan.! Would have loved to have gone wheeling with ya.... If I'm ever back this way I'll give ya a shout.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bleed