Buzzing noise (short) when turning off ignition? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 1st, 2016, 09:17 PM
ckg
Chander G.
1993 D110

Buzzing noise (short) when turning off ignition?

Hi,

On my 110 I recently noticed that when I turn off the ignition there's a short (less than 2 seconds) buzzing noise that seems to come from under the car somewhere. Anyone know what that might be? It's definitely coming from some kind of thing with an electric buzzer...

This is a NAS 110 with an auto transmission (P38 I think) if that helps. 3.9L V8

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2016, 04:22 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg View Post
Hi, On my 110 I recently noticed that when I turn off the ignition there's a short (less than 2 seconds) buzzing noise that seems to come from under the car somewhere. Anyone know what that might be? It's definitely coming from some kind of thing with an electric buzzer... This is a NAS 110 with an auto transmission (P38 I think) if that helps. 3.9L V8 thanks
It's the Air idle control valve being opened ready to start the car. It's the black solenoid valve in the rear of the plenum if you are interested in seeking it out.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:58 AM
ckg
Chander G.
1993 D110

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
It's the Air idle control valve being opened ready to start the car. It's the black solenoid valve in the rear of the plenum if you are interested in seeking it out.
I get that when I turn on the ignition - the buzz is when I turn it off. almost like the buzz one would hear if the key were left in the ignition in an older model car (but it's not that..)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2016, 10:25 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Some 14cux set the aicv on shut off
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions