Buying a "found" NAS D90 - Page 10 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 6th, 2012, 11:08 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Damn, i just found this the other day when josh posted something about your blog.

I am very envious especially if you got this well below $10k! From what you said so far it seems like a sweet deal of a truck to have found! I have had those issues with much less desirable vehicles lol, and have had them break down far far from home. I love what you did with the Truck, wish you luck on finishing it up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2012, 11:24 PM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Thanks John. I am happy to report that its turned out pretty well. I do need to update the blog, but (with a safe knock on wood) since last fall there's really been nothing wrong with it. It's running strong, after a trip to the detailer last summer it looks pretty good, and with the exception of crappy defrosting, it got through the somewhat mild Chicago winter just fine.

Next steps are mostly cosmetic. I do need to replace the capping at some point, but it's not urgent. I'd like to redo the seats, the exhaust, etc...Hopefully it will continue to be reliable (again, with another knock on wood).

Somewhere down the line it would be nice to put a galvi frame on it, but it's not a necessity like it is on some of the import trucks from the UK.

I'll get back on the blog, show everyone my swell new cubby box. I could do a posting about how shitty the fiberglass hard top is, but I think we all know.

I will say, no matter what you pay for these things, there is no such thing as a cheap Defender.

Thanks again.
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM
flananuts
Matthew
LRC Customs #003 D110 Soft Top

Registry
Hey Jerod, did you have it repainted? I wasnt sure if you really had a dinosaur painted on your truck. Btw-my 94 purchase sat for three years in the backyard of the PO. My chassis looked a lot like yours when I got it and it cleaned up well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2012, 05:11 PM
gilly
gilliland gregory
1997/D90

Registry
great job Jerod - awesome truck!
Old February 15th, 2015, 10:51 PM
SKT
Last, First M.
Looking for a D 130...

Just found this awesome thread after searching the forum!

Congrats on a great find and hat is tipped for saving it.

You've done a great job getting this one back on the road.

Saw these pics you posted in your registry:

From: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=35713

Curious, in hindsight, would you do it all over again or buy a road worthy one instead?

Old February 17th, 2015, 10:31 AM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Thanks for the kind words. In hindsight, I still would have taken on the project. A NAS truck was out of my budget in 2010, even more so now as prices keep climbing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, buying, d90, nas