burning coolant - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 18th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Matt Hurst
burning coolant

i am getting a lot of white smoke -is there away to tell for sure if it is coolant.if it is how much damage could this do or what are the consequences?it is a new 4.6 block new composite head gaskets.my valey gasket is new but my guess would be this gasket if i had to guess.

Old July 19th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288
Chris Davis just went through that with his 4.6 upgrade. There is a recent thread he started where I think he described how to check for coolant where it doesn't belong.

Out of curiosity, did you re-chip? I read somewhere that the 3.9 chip in a 4.6 causes the engine to run too lean and can cause problems like you are experiencing.

Old July 19th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110
White always = coolant. White is steam. Blue is oil. Black is gas.

Doug W.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions