bumper/brush bar reconditioning - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 3rd, 2010, 12:54 PM
jackD90
jack a smith
1995/D90

bumper/brush bar reconditioning

Does anybody know where I can send my D'95's bumpers and brush bar for reconditioning? Is it cheaper just to buy new ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 3rd, 2010, 01:13 PM
Mpigapicha
phil
1995 Defender D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackD90 View Post
Does anybody know where I can send my D'95's bumpers and brush bar for reconditioning? Is it cheaper just to buy new ones?
sandblast & powdercoat...... google in your area, sure there's a few places...... or in NY
Old September 3rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The guys at Orange County Powder Coating in Newburgh are really good, but you can probably find someone closer.

Does your brush bar have the aweful vinyl-dipped "candy coating" on it? If so, burn as much off with a torch before taking it to the powder coater - that stuff is hell to sandblast off with glass beads and savvy PC guys will realize that and charge you commensurately. You can make their life easier by removing as much as you can in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2010, 01:33 AM
jjstahl3
Jay S
96 D1 TReK

Registry
i had mine sandblaster and powder coated for 80 dollars - so i dont think you could buy new for that price- and they look great
Old September 4th, 2010, 02:05 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
80 bucks is cheap - good luck finding that price.

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:48 AM
jackD90
jack a smith
1995/D90

Thanks for info -- very helpful!!!!

Thanks for the quick info. I'll start looking into immediately.
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
Do you guys powder coat the bumper too? I always thought of just paint.
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:47 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

If you really want to go nuts, have it sand blasted and put Blek POR on it. Ask your local body shop to finish it. Once it has the Blek done you can choose to have it painted or not. Whatever you do dont get that stuff on any of your skin.
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:48 AM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews
'94 NAS D90 #CDN-80, 2011 LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
If you really want to go nuts, have it sand blasted and put Blek POR on it. Ask your local body shop to finish it. Once it has the Blek done you can choose to have it painted or not. Whatever you do dont get that stuff on any of your skin.

I can attest to that - three weeks scrubbing with porous cleaner... still had black marks all over my arms and legs...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bumper